Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Season is Over, Time to Experiment...

Well, now that the BBQ competition season is over for 2012, it is time to make some things in the smoker that have been neglected during the summer:
  • Cold smoked bacon for the coming year
  • Steelhead and salmon
  • Nuts (my new favorite)
  • Cold smoked cheese
  • A jerky fix for the holiday
I also use this time to experiment with "Outside the Box" recipes.  Some things I am going to try are:
  • Curried Smoked Beef
  • Chicken Tikka Masala
  • Duck and/or goose
  • Cured Dried Beef a'la BBQ Guam
  • Cured and smoked fresh ham
  • Smoked Pork Chops
If there is anything you would like to add to the list, feel free to drop a line to add a suggestion to my R&D efforts...

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guy's.....how about some summer sausage and/or game sticks. I would love to see your take on these.
    Love your site....
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brad. Thanks for the idea. I think I will try some with the cheese I plan on doing...

      Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by...

      Bill

      Delete