Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Brisket isn't just for Dinner anymore: Homemade Brisket Hash

I love corned beef or roast beef hash, perfectly cooked with a little bit of crispiness.  When paired with a fried egg, there are not many breakfast combinations that are better.  So, with the absolute last few pieces of our Super Bowl brisket, I made some hash for breakfast.

First, I cut the following:

1/2 of a sweet onion with a rough dice.
1/2 of green pepper with a rough dice.
2 small potatoes, run through a mandolin for a fine julianne cut.  I soak in salted water to remove moisture from the potato.
1 cup of brisket with a rough dice.


Next, I heated some olive oil in a pan then sautéed my onion and pepper with a grinding of sea salt and pepper.  Sauté until the onion is translucent.


Then I drained my potato and added to sauté.


Once the potato was cooked and had a nice crispy crust, I added my diced brisket and cooked until warmed through.


I topped my hash with a fried egg and served with toasted English muffin bread and a dollop of jalapeño ketchup.


This hash was outstanding.  Much better than the stuff you get in a can.  Smoky, crispy, and perfect with a dippy egg.  Give this a try with some of your left over brisket in the future.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Bill are we related? lol I made hash yesterday too. Used pulled pork. We must be on the same thought wave length. Yours looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marne we are Jeanie. It was good for sure. I am a sucker for good hash.

    ReplyDelete