Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saucy Thighs...

Here was my last practice cook before Nelsonville with chicken thighs.  I went with the standard grocery store value pack thighs instead of what my butcher offers since they are bigger.  I was looking for more skin on a bigger thigh.  While my butchers thighs taste better and are not steroided up, they are a bit on the smallish side...

I marinaded in Stubbs Chicken marinade, wrapped the scraped skins around the meat, and dusted with Butchers Honey Rub:


Onto a 250 F smoker with hickory and peach in the ash pan.  After 30 minutes, dunk in sauce, then I placed in a foil pan skin side down.  Then, after 30 more minutes, I placed on the rack, skin side up and re-sauced:


30 more minutes while ramping the temperature up to 350 F...


I got what I was looking for:  a bigger, more consistently sized thigh with bite through skin and good taste.

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment