Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Veal Sirloin with Ginger Lime Marinade

My butcher always has good looking local veal.  This weekend I picked up some great looking sirloins for the grill:


One of the sirloins, I seasoned like I would a steak: granulated garlic, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.  The other I marinaded in a Ginger Lime marinade that I threw together:

Ginger Lime Marinade

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, finely minced
2 tsp sriracha sauce
Juice of one lime
Fresh ground pepper to taste



I put about a quarter of the marinade on some fresh asparagus.

Got the grill screaming hot.  Made a pork chop for the Mrs.  Veal falls in the too cute to eat category.

5 minutes a side for the veal.  10 min per for the chop.  The asparagus just gets pushed around until it is brown on the outside, but still crisp:


Finished product:



The veal was just past perfect medium.  I also made some rice pilaf for the side:


Both pieces of veal were great.  Moist and tender.  While I liked both, the marinaded piece was my favorite.

Enjoy,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment