Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Beef Ribs and Crispy Crowns with Cheese and Onion on the Baby

Last weekend, I found some beef ribs in the freezer and decided to smoke them on the Baby...


First, I pulled the membrane off of the back and seasoned with my brisket rub...


I placed them on the middle rack at about 325 F with some oak in the ash pan.  At the same time, I sprayed a cast iron skillet with cooking spray, then layered with Crispy Crowns and sliced sweet onion and a few grinds of salt and pepper and placed the skillet on a hot grill...


After 30 minutes, I put some Four Cheese Mexican blend on top of the Crispy Crowns and let the cheese melt.  About 15 more minutes.  After the cheese was all melted, I pulled off the ribs and potatoes, 45 minutes total cooking time...



The potatoes were nice and crispy with caramelized onion.  The cheese just sucks up that grilled flavor.  A very nice complement to the ribs.  The ribs were tender and juicy with a nice smoke flavor.  See that nice smoke ring... ;)


They were so good, I ate without sauce...


Enjoy.  Have a safe and happy 4th!

Thanks for stopping...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment