Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

My butcher always has nice pork tenderloin for $4.99/lb, it was a nice night, so I felt like grilling.

I usually make my own marinades, but after a long day at work, I used a bottle of Lemon Sesame Ginger marinade I picked up at Costco...


Tossed in a Ziploc and put it in the frig for some happy time.  About 1 hour.


Fired up the Stumps Backyarder grill and got a nice, hot, fire going...



It really is like mid May around here.  Even the trees are past their bloom...


Jed is a ham for the camera.  One of the three dogs...


Put the tenderloin over the hot fire and seared all around the outside...



Once seared, I moved to indirect heat and cooked to 170 internal temp.  I use a Thermapen for my temperature taking when cooking.  Best product out there if you ask me.


It took about 50 minutes to get to 170.  I then brought inside and let rest for 5 minutes, then sliced into medallions.  Just the way I like it: brown on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside...



The marinade added nice flavor.  What would I do different next time?  I would inject the tenderloin with the marinade and I would also let it marinade at least 4 hours.

Enjoy,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment