Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Delmonico Steaks and Grilled Tomatoes on the Backyarder

The wife wanted steak this weekend.  So I stopped by the butcher and picked up 3 nice Delmonico steaks for the grill.  We just lightly season with S&P and garlic powder...



Then, I thick cut some heirloom tomatoes and marinade in olive oil, oregano, basil, sea salt, cracked pepper, and thyme.  I let them sit about 1 hour, flipping half way through...


After the marinade, I throw them on the grill, fat side down and let them get toasty brown, about 5 minutes, depending upon the heat...


Then, I flip and put in indirect heat and cover with mozzarella cheese...


On go the steaks, about 5 minutes a side for me and 7 minutes a side for the wife and little one.  Garlic bread is on the top rack.  30 minutes for the bread with a 180 flip after 15 minutes...


The cheese gets nice and brown on top.  The perfect compliment to a well cooked steak.  I can't wait on garden fresh tomatoes...


Enjoy,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment