Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pig Candy with Vanilla Hot Fudge Sundae

Pig Candy?  On ice cream?  Why not!  What is Pig Candy?  Let me show you...  ;)

First, you take bacon and place it in a plastic bag with brown sugar and the rub of your choice.  Then, you toss it around and massage the bacon until it becomes a big sticky mess.  Usually, it is about 1/2 cup or sugar to 1 tbsp of rub.  This time, I used some of my homemade bacon and for the rub, I used Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub as I thought it would go well with the vanilla ice cream...


On to the smoker at 250 F...


30-40 minutes later you have Pig Candy...


It is basically crispy, candied bacon.  It works as a good appetizer to keep the natives happy until dinner is ready.  This stuff was chopped and used as a topping on ice cream...


A little bit a caramel, a little bit of fudge, a little bit of piggy sprinkles...  It was great.  The pineapple taste from the rub was perfect.  I won't do this often, but I will be doing it again for sure.

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment