Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Football is Here! Time for some Wings!

Well, real football is finally here.  Seems like the wait was forever.  So, to celebrate the start of another season, I fired up the Stretch and made some chicken wings two ways:  Salt, pepper and garlic seasoning and some with Quaker Steak and Lube Louisiana Licker Sauce...

First, Hope rinsed and patted dry some split wings.  Then, I lightly coated the wings with olive oil and pulled the wings for the garlic seasoning out onto a cookie sheet.  The got a healthy grind of sea salt, fresh pepper, and garlic powder.  The ones in the bowl just got the sea salt and pepper...


I fired up the Stretch and brought the internal temperature to 350 F.


Then, I placed the wings on the middle rack for 1 hour with some hickory in the ash pan...


Pulled out a bottle of my favorite wing sauce.  I like the Louisiana Licker sauce because it caters to any ones palette:  Slightly sweet, with a bit of a Cajun kick.  Perfect for anyone, regardless of spice tolerance...


After 1 hour, the wings destined for the sauce were put in a bowl and the sauce dumped on top.  I made sure the wings got a good coating and put them back in the Stretch for 15 minutes at 350 F to set the sauce.  Then, off the smoker and into my mouth...  ;)


The ones on the left are the sauced wings and the ones on the right are the garlic seasoned wings.  Hope loved the crispiness of the seasoned wings and Ty and I devoured the Louisiana Lickers.

A great start to the football season!

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment