Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Thai-Phoon Pork and Shrimp Burgers

I really can't decide what cuisine I like the best.  Is it Asian?  Is it Mexican?  Is it Caribbean?  Well, a weekend or so ago I was in the moon for some Asian flavors.  So, I give you, Thai-Phoon Pork and Shrimp Burgers.

First, I took two pounds of ground pork, 1 lb of diced, cooked shrimp, and mixed with 2, Tbsp of soy sauce, 1 Tbsp of sesame oil, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, 1 Tbsp of sriracha sauce, 1 tsp of ground dried ginger, and 1 tsp of onion powder, then I mixed thoroughly and put in the frig to chill...



While that mixture was chilling, I marinaded sliced pineapple and sliced sweet onion in olive oil, garlic,  salt and pepper.

Once the meat mix had chilled, I broke in my new burger patty maker and pounded out some patties, then placed them in the frig to firm up...


Then, I lit some charcoal and got a screaming hot grill going.  Once it was hot, I placed the patties on direct heat and the pineapple and onion on indirect heat...



I flipped everything after 7 minutes and put some fresh Kaiser Rolls sprayed with olive oil and garlic on the top rack to toast...


While cooking, I mixed up some sriracha mayonnaise.  The mix was 1/4 cup of mayo and sriracha sauce to taste.  When done, I placed a burger with pineapple, grilled onion, and a dollop of sriracha mayo.  I even made some Asian Slaw for the side...


This was a winner.  The perfect mix of hot and sweet with Asian flavor.  I will be making this again for sure.

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds intriguing.I will put it on the bucket list. We like Thai-food for all the different flavors and textures we are not used to. We have a local restaurant down the street that is a family run Thai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a local Thai place. There is an influx of Thai nationals to the 'Burgh. But, they are a bit of a drive away. Sounds like it is time for a field trip...

    ReplyDelete