Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos

We love grilled shrimp around here.  We also love fresh, homemade salsa.  So, one lazy Sunday we decided to combine the two into a grilled taco.

First, we prepared a batch of our our now locally famous and frequently requested Fresh Homemade Salsa:


Ingredients:
4 Cups Roma TomatoesDiced
¼ Cup Sweet OnionDiced
2 Jalapeno PeppersSeeded and diced fine
3 Cloves Garlic Minced 
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Cumin
½ tsp Kosher Or Sea Salt
1 LimeJuiced



While the flavors in the salsa were mingling, I made a batch of Chile Lime marinade:

2 tsp of Stubbs Chili Lime Rub
Juice of one lime
Enough olive oil to make mobile



Then, I peeled, deveined, and cleaned some fresh 21/25 count shrimp.  Once complete, I placed in the marinade for one hour.  After the marinade time, I skewered the shrimp for the grill.



The shrimp were placed over hot coals for 1 1/2 minutes a side.  Once the cooking was complete, I placed the shrimp on the upper rack, away from the heat to keep them warm.





I then took some taco sized flour tortillas and grilled to slightly crisp on both sides.





Then, the assembly begins.  On each tortilla, I placed four of the grilled shrimp, followed by salsa, then a sprinkling of grated queso blanco.



These shrimp tacos were outstanding.  The shrimp was perfectly cooked with the grill taste adding a nice component to the over all flavor.  The salsa was fresh, adding a nice heat and slight tang to the overall dish.  The queso blanco added a creamy component that you would expect from a Mexican cheese.  These tacos were outstanding.  We will be making these again for sure.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bill

2 comments:

  1. The key is your home made salsa. Your salsa would make any dish a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like our salsa. When I get to the bottom of the bowl, I put crushed tortilla chips in the bowl and eat like cereal.

      Delete