Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chops, Asparagus, and Grilled Pineapple

It has been a busy cooking weekend, so lets start with Friday night...

I was in the mood for some nice pork steaks, but, my butcher didn't have any.  So, I went with the next best thing:  Grilling chops.  He cuts a great, thick chop that is perfect for grilling.

First, I used Stumps Pork marinade for the chops...


It adds a nice citrus flavor with some heat.

Then I took some asparagus and coated with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then, I coated fresh pineapple with olive oil, about 1/4 tsp granulated garlic, salt and pepper...


Everything marinaded for about an hour while I got the grill going.

I threw the chops on the grill, then flipped after 5 minutes.  At that point, the asparagus and pineapple were placed on the grill...


The pineapple got about 3 minutes a side, the asparagus was grilled until it started to brown, and the chops had a total of 10 minutes, 5 minutes a side...




The chops were just past medium, the asparagus was tender crisp, and the pineapple was great.  Sweet, savory, slightly salty...  I will be doing the pineapple again...

Enjoy,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment