Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Baked Crab Cakes on the Stumps Baby

Back when I made the Crab Stuffed Baked Steelhead, I had a lot of crab meat left over.  So, with the leftover meat, I made crab cakes for the smoker.

Here is the recipe that I used:  Crab Cake Guy Maryland Blue Crab Cakes.

The only change that I did was I used corn flake crumbs instead of cracker crumbs and I upped the Old Bay content to a heaping tsp...

Can O' Crab...


Before mixing...


Formed patties and placed on a cookie sheet.  The cookie sheet went on the second rack down in a four rack Stumps Baby.  After 20 minutes at 350, I flipped...


20 more minutes and they were a perfect brown and hot the whole way through.



A little sriracha on top and they were the perfect side to the stuffed steelhead...


I have a friend that uses potato chips instead of crackers or corn flakes and that works nicely.  Next time, I will whip up a batch of tartar sauce spiked with sriracha sauce...

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment