Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Product Review: Kirkland Flank Steak with Kalbi Marinade

When I was shopping in Costco the other day, I noted a new line of pre-marinaded meats in the end cases, primarily beef and chicken.  The flank steak marinaded in a Kalbi sauce caught my eye.  I tend to not like pre-marinaded meats, but I was pressed for time and needed a dinner idea, so I picked up one for the grill.



Kalbi sauce is a soy based marinade with pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, and pineapple juice.  Sounded good.  So, on to a screaming hot grill...


The quality of the meat was good.  Not fatty and trimmed real nice.  This flank steak was also thicker than your normal flank steak.  As a result, I flipped after 7 minutes.  The steak had about 15 minutes of cooking time.  Here is the end result...



The steak was a nice medium.  Tender and juicy.  The marinade sounded better than I originally had hoped.  It was a little light on the soy and a little heavy on the pineapple juice.  One positive was it was not overly salty like most processed marinades can be.  Would I buy it again?  Sure, if pressed for a dinner idea.  But, it would not be choice number one if I have time to make something from scratch.

Overall, 2 out of 4 stars.

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

4 comments:

  1. you over cooked it bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco in my area...Sarasota Florida discontinued stocking this Flank Steak. Rather than making my own marinade...do you or anyone know how I can order it ,,,where? and How??? I thought it was great. I have been making flank steak for years on the grill but this is the best with no fuss!! Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, I would suggest talking with the manager at your store. They may be able to let you know if it is gone for good. You may also want to check their website and see if you can order online. I will keep my eye open here. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete