Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Installation of Cooking for Novices: Italian Style Grilled Chicken with Italian Rice

Well, chicken for dinner yesterday.  We didn't feel like the usual BBQ or marinade, so I decided to try something different.  It was quick, simple, and tasty.

First, the marinade:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
3 garlic cloves, minced.

Whisked it all together and poured over some chicken legs and breasts in a plastic bag.  I let marinade for about 3 hours, flipping the bag whenever I walked by...


I lit the charcoal and brought the grill to about 400 F and placed the chicken away from the heat.  After 30 minutes I rotated the chicken and let cook for another 30 minutes, 1 hour of total cooking time.  Then I pulled them off the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.  As you can see, nice and golden brown...


As the chicken was cooking, I made some Italian Style Rice for a side.  Here is a link to the recipe.  I am not sure when turmeric became an Italian spice, but it was good none the less.

Final results...


The chicken was tender and juicy with a good Italian and garlic flavor.  The red wine vinegar added a nice tart taste that was not over powering at all.  The nice was a good compliment.  Creamy with a hint of spice.  I will be making this again for sure.

Thanks for stopping by...

Bill

1 comment: