Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Easy Poultry Brine

I always use this brine when I am smoking chicken, turkey, or any thing with wings.  It really does tenderize the meat and take out all of those bad juices.  I always reference this recipe in my poultry posts.  So, I decided to make my life (and yours) easier and make a separate link.

Here is the recipe:

BOS's Chicken Brine:

Ingredients:
1 gallon Water
¾ cup Kosher Salt
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
¼ cup Orange Juice
⅛ cup Worcestershire Sauce

Mix and bring to boil.  Cool and place in frig overnight.


I usually brine my legs and thighs for two hours, bone-in breasts for four hours, whole birds get an overnight swim.  

I hope this helps.  Thanks for stopping by.

Bill

1 comment:

  1. Send me an email with your address and I will send you the two rubs I reviewed.

    ReplyDelete