Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crab Stuffed Steelhead on the Baby

I have been meaning to try out Jeanie's recipe for Crab Stuffed Salmon from Cowgirls Country Life.  This past weekend, I finally got to try.

First, my changes:

1.  I used Steelhead, which really is a type of salmon.
2.  I used Old Bay as my "rub."
3.  I added the juice of one lime to the crab mix.
4.  I used finely diced celery instead of scallions to the crab mix.
5.  No lemon wedges.

To cook, I brought the Baby to 350 F and cooked skin side down for about 20 minutes.


Filet, rinsed and patted dry...


My crab.  You can catch this on sale for $9.99/lb from time to time.  Great quality as well...


Slits cut for stuffing...


Crab mix, ready for stuffing...


Fillet, stuffed and ready for the smoker...


Middle rack, 350 F, skin side down, a piece of peach in the ash pan...


This fillet had about 20 minutes of cook time.  You know the fish is done when the white fat start to run from the fish and the meat flakes easily with a fork...

Served with some rice and a crab cake made with leftover crab.  More about that in another post...  ;)

This was a real hit for sure.  I think it screams for some fresh grated ginger in the crab mixture.  I am going to try that the next time.

Thanks for a great idea Jeanie!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment