Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy Anniversary Hope!

Three years ago today, I married my wife.  It was one of the best days of my life that I will always remember.  She is my partner and my best friend.  Best of all, she indulges me in my BBQ habit.  As a matter of fact, she may be more passionate than I am.  Last Saturday we went out for our traditional night on the town for a perfectly cooked steak.  This year we chose Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

We started off the evening with a perfectly dirty martini.


Then followed that up with carpaccio that is to die for.  Ruth's serves with a garlic aioli, torn romaine,  shaved Parmesan, and garlic crostini toast.  The thinly sliced tenderloin just melts in your mouth.


I also ordered a sampler of oysters on the half shell.  Good eats here.



The main course were perfectly rare (and mooing) ribeyes.


For dessert, we ordered the bread pudding that came with a message.


Our waitress, Kim, was top notch.  Just what you would expect from a high end steakhouse.

Is a steakhouse old school?  Perhaps.  Is it pricey?  A bit.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.

Happy Anniversary Hope.  I love you.

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! You cannot beat a wonderful wife or a good steak . There is a punch line there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete