Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Singapore

I got to visit my favorite city in Asia this time around, Singapore.  If you want to visit Asia and are afraid of language barriers and Asian food, this is the place to go.  It is a melting pot of cultures: Indian, Chinese, Malay, Japanese, and English come to mind.  Everyone speaks English, it is clean, safe, and has lots of food options.  When you get tired of the Indian or Asian food, you can stop in an English Pub for a taste of the west, or even a Hooters.  I had to stop at the Hooters this time to see if it was like home and believe it or not, it is.  Chicken wings just like you get them here in the States.

A friend of mine told me about Jumbo Seafood.  Excellent Chili Crab.  Basically, it is a steamed crab, cracked then covered with a sweet and sour chili sauce.  Very good, but very messy.  I loved the whole, fried shrimp as well.  I ate them like crawfish: ripped the head off and sucked the juice, then ate the rest.

The riverwalk is beautiful and I found a nice brew pub called Brewwerks.  I had the Long Zhu Ale, which is made of Dragon Fruit.  Nice and refreshing on a hot evening.

Finally, you have to go down to the marina and check out the light show they put on with the Singapore Lion, the official "mascot" of Singapore.

Hope you enjoy the pics...

Bill

Singapore Photo Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment