Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Caprese Style Prime Rib Sandwich

I was looking for a new spin on a leftover prime rib sandwich.  I was thinking my usual caramelized onion, cheddar cheese, and horsey sauce on crusty roll creation.  But, as I was walking through the store, I saw some stem tomatoes that looked fairly decent.  I started thinking caprese style.

After grabbing the tomatoes, I detoured to the bakery and grabbed some crusty bolillo style rolls.  Then, off to the deli for a fresh mozzarella ball.  After checking out, I rushed home to put together my creation.

Here is how these tasty creations were built.

I sliced the roll lengthwise, then layered with:

Thinly sliced prime rib
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced tomato
Thinly sliced fresh mozzarella

I then lightly drizzled the top of the roll with Italian dressing.  The sandwiches then went onto a cookie sheet an under the broiler until the cheese was starting to bubble and brown.




These little caprese style subs were great.  Crispy and crunchy with browned mozzarella cheese and a nice bite from the dressing.  This creation is headed to the repeat list for sure.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bill

2 comments:

  1. How can you go wrong with prime rib?. I want a sandwich right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't ever go wrong with prime rib. We need to invent a way to make it the price ground meat...

      Delete