Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

India

Well, I have been away for awhile, but I am back.  Been on the road for 17 days in India and Asia for work.  Very tired, but I can't wait to put the final touches on practice for the upcoming BBQ season.  I will be making some ribs this weekend.

In the meantime, we will do a little travel blogging here and there.  To start: India.

I spent 5 days in country, visiting Mumbai, Baroda, Hyderabad, and Vizag.  I just couldn't bring myself to take pictures of food in a country where there are people starving everywhere.  It is unbelievable how rich the rich are (as you can see with the Harley photo) and how poor the poor are (as you can see with someones "house")

What I will say is that Indian people are very friendly and easy to get along with.  The food is much better in India than it is in the States.  If you ever get a chance, you want to try Birinyi, the official dish of Hyderabad.  You put all the spices, rice, and either chicken, lamb, or both in a pot and cook until done.  What you get is a nice fluffy rice dish full of flavor.

Hope you enjoy the pics.  When I get around to it, Singapore is next...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment